IRS Letters and PDF uploads
The IRS sends letters out to taxpayers after tax season. It is important that I review any letter you receive from the IRS or any taxing authority. These letters are frequently in ERROR and request money that you DO NOT OWE. Please DO NOT pay any amount requested until I can review the letter you received.
Please UPLOAD a complete copy of any correspondence you receive to your account in the secure TaxDome Portal so that I can review it.
ACTIVATE YOUR PORTAL ACCOUNT AND DOWNLOAD THE "TAXDOME CLIENT PORTAL" APP:
If you have not already activated your TaxDome portal account please check your email for the invitation that was emailed to you or contact me to send a new invitation to you.
After you ACTIVATE your TaxDome portal account please download the "TaxDome Client Portal" app onto your smartphone. THIS app has a built-in scanner and will create PDFs for you to easily upload to your portal account. This is also the best way to message or contact me.
INSTRUCTIONS TO UPLOAD PDF DOCUMENTS FROM TAXDOME CLIENT PORTAL APP:
1) Open the "TaxDome Client Portal" app on your smartphone.
2) Tap three bars in the upper left corner.
3) Tap "Documents."
4) Tap "Upload documents."
5) Tap "Scan document" from the drop down menu.
6) Cell phone camera will open. Hold camera over document.
7) Camera will automatically frame the document and highlight it in orange.
8. Tap the button to take the PDF image. Image will turn blue in color.
9) Tap "done."
10) Tap the image in the bottom right of the screen.
11) Tap the "+" sign to add more pages to this document.
12) Tap "Upload" when done adding pages to this document.
13) To create an additional document, tap "Add more" at the top of the screen and create another PDF document with one or more pages.
14) Check the box to "Notify firm if you are done uploading" ONLY if this is your final document to upload for tax preparation. I will be notified every time you upload a document. Do NOT check this box with every upload.
15) Tap "Save" to complete upload of document(s).
Please do not email or upload cell phone pics of important tax documents. Use the TaxDome secure portal smartphone app with the built-in scanner to upload PDF documents.